"Education is about awakening – awakening to the power and beauty that lies within all of us."
Leading by Example – The School Principal, Mrs Nita Arora
The School Principal holds 38 years of rich & varied experience in the field of education of which 22 years have been in administrative capacities. She was conferred with the State Teachers' Award by the Govt. of NCTE, Delhi in 2019. She is the winner of the National Extempore Speech Brainfeed 2016. She has been selected and trained as a Master Trainer by British Council for CBSE iniitative for NEP 2020 and received training from Cambridge University on Learning Outcomes cum Competency Based Aassessments. She leads a team of young, trained and dedicated faculty members with the primary focus on empowering the ignited minds. She encourages her faculty and student to be always eager to learn and improve as the learning & teaching environment is dynamic & ever- evolving.
She holds a first class Masters in Zoology from Delhi University. Apart from being a Delhi University position holder in B.Ed., she has a Masters in Education with merit scholarship. She is also a Merit holder of 'CiSELT- Certificate in Secondary English Teaching' from British Council 2013, Quaified APTIS for teachers with 92%,
Some of the portfolios held
- Head Girl – School (Nominated for Bravery Award)
- Class Representative – B.Sc.
- House Captain & Member – Student Panchayat – B.Ed., Deptt. of Education, Delhi Univ.
- Resource Person and Master Trainer CBSE
- Teacher Skill Auditor - EQFI
- Vice President Sankalp Sahodaya CBSE Cluster
- British Council School Ambassador December, 2011 onwards
- Member- MAG or Memebership Advisory Group for Quality Standards English Language Programme of the British Council for India
Some of the In-Service Workshop / Seminars/ Certificate Programmes /Diplomas
- Faculty Development Programme for effective Teaching - Centre for Educational Technology, IIT Khargpur
- CBSE Master Trainers' initiative in collaboration with British Council and Cambridge Partnerships for Education, a UK based agency for Competency Based Teaching and Assessment - March 2021
- Diploma - 'Teacher as an Innovator' by OEP Omnia Finland and Mahattattava after 3 months long project. Topic Promoting Reading in Elementary classes, especially Pre - School
- UK Skill and Penta International 14 days Online Certificate for Standards and Benchmarking for School Excellence Leadership Programme
- Intel and Microsoft training in IT Tools
- Design Thinking Workshops over two years by Mahattattava
- Member Curriculum Committee BSB
- Certificate Course in Yoga from Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi
- NEP Training at NCERT
- Induction programme for School Principals - CBSE
- Frontline Curriculum-Biology - CBSE
- Head Examiner’s Seminars - CBSE
- Orientation for School Principals - CBSE
- Training for School Principals - NUEPA (National Univ. for Educational Planning & Administration)
- Developing Multiple Intelligences- by Margaret Warner
- Courage to Lead (14 days Residential Prog) - Disha India
- Roundtable of International and National Educationists- CMS. LucknowUKIERI , ISA (International School Award) - British Council- New Delhii
- Local Facilitator Induction Training - British Council- New Delhi, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Chennai
- Standardasiation of English in Indian Schools- British Council
- Technology in Education - ISTE (Founder member)
Every possibility exists for one who intends to uncover what lies within. If we discover our inner self, every dream would become a possibility, every fortune would become conceivable & every fear conquerable. There are immense possibilities for those who dare to dream & turn those dreams into reality. Goals are dreams with a deadline attached to them. Sri VIS is one such happy place where students and faculty grow together and realize their potential. The infrastructure and the teaching methodology at the school go on evolving to keep pace with the ongoing innovations.
Ms. Nita Arora
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more. You are a leader.