"Education is about awakening – awakening to the power and beauty that lies within all of us."
Leading by Example – The School Principal, Mrs Nita Arora
The School Principal holds 38 years of rich & varied experience in the field of education of which 22 years have been in administrative capacities. She was conferred with the State Teachers' Award by the Govt. of NCTE, Delhi in 2019. She leads a team of young, trained and dedicated faculty members with the primary focus on empowering the ignited minds. She encourages her faculty and student to be always eager to learn and improve as the learning & teaching environment is dynamic & ever- evolving.
She holds a first class Masters in Zoology from Delhi University. Apart from being a Delhi University position holder in B.Ed., she has a Masters in Education with merit scholarship. She is also a Merit holder of 'CiSELT- Certificate in Secondary English Teaching' from British Council 2013.
Some of the portfolios held during the student years
- Head Girl – School (Nominated for Bravery Award)
- Class Representative – B.Sc.
- House Captain & Member – Student Panchayat – B.Ed., Deptt. of Education, Delhi Univ
- British Council School Ambassador December, 2011 onwards
- Yoga from Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi
Some of the In-Service Workshop / Seminars
- Induction programme for School Principals - CBSE
- Frontline Curriculum- Biology - CBSE
- Head Examiner’s Seminar - CBSE
- Orientation for School Principals - CBSE
- Seminar for School Principals - NUEPA (National Univ. for Educational Planning & Administration)
- Developing Multiple Intelligences- by Margaret Warner
- Courage to Lead (14 days Residential Prog) - Disha India
- Roundtable of International and National Educationists- CMS. LucknowUKIERI , ISA (International School Award) - British Council- New Delhii
- Local Facilitator Induction Training - British Council- New Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai
- Standardasiation of English in Indian Schools- British Council
- Technology in Education - ISTE (Founder member)
- Faculty Development Programme for effective Teaching - Centre for Educational Technology, IIT Khargpur
- Undergoing Diploma Programme : Teacher as a Innovator - OEP OMNIA FINLAND AND MAHATTAVA
Member of Quality Standards English Language Programme of the British Council for India.
Every possibility exists for one who intends to uncover what lies within. If we discover our inner self, every dream would become a possibility, every fortune would become conceivable & every fear conquerable. There are immense possibilities for those who dare to dream & turn those dreams into reality. Goals are dreams with a deadline attached to them. Sri VIS is one such happy place where students and faculty grow together and realize their potential. The infrastructure and the teaching methodology at the school go on evolving to keep pace with the ongoing innovations.
Ms. Nita Arora
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more. You are a leader.